TRAVELRANKED.COM is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) –
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Personally Identifiable Information
TRAVELRANKED.COM collects personal information during (i) personal profile, contest or sweepstakes registration; (ii) subscription registration for services that require a subscription; (iii) certain surveys or polls conducted on our web site. Personal information includes, among other things, a user’s name, date of birth, gender, email address or other internet address (collectively referred to as ‘personal information’). In addition, registration is required and personal information is collected in certain other portions of the service in which users specifically and knowingly provide such information along with content submissions, blog postings (ie chat or bulletin boards), suggestions, information requests or voting.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
In addition to the use of personal information to operate the site, TRAVELRANKED.COM may also gather non-personally identifiable information, which may be used by Outstuffed (PTY) Ltd. Generally ‘non-personally identifiable information’ means information that is collected through ‘traffic data’ and may entail the use of ‘cookies’, ‘IP addresses’ or other numeric codes used to identify a computer or monitor how a user accesses a site. This non-personally identifiable information helps us determine how our customers use the site so that we can improve our site and ensure it is as appealing as we can make it for as many of our users as possible. We also provide statistical ‘ratings’ information to our partners about how our users collectively, use the site. We do this so that they too can understand how people use our site in order for them to make business decisions directed towards providing you, the user, with the best possible experience. This information is also used to generate advertising rates and may be shared with advertisers, sponsors, and other TRAVELRANKED.COM corporate partners. We may also provide an advertising partner insight as to how long a user views a page to better determine relevant advertising content.
How do we use your information?
TRAVELRANKED.COM reserves the right to use, store, provide or disclose personal information collected during your individual visits to our web site and the information that you give us, such as, your name, email address, date of birth or gender. In most cases our use or disclosure will be an added benefit to you. This data will be used to determine relevant gaming content for you, our users giving you the best possible experience on our website. You may contact us at any time and instruct us to remove your information from future mailings. Any use, storage, provision or disclosure of your personal information by TRAVELRANKED.COM will be made in strict compliance with any applicable laws. In addition, you will be provided the option to opt-out from any subscription mail services that you receive. We may also disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to applicable law or comply with legal processes.
How do we protect visitor information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. We use regular Malware Scanning. We do not use an SSL certificate.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
It’s important to note that we allow third party behavioral tracking in order to improve user experience and service.
We have implemented the following:
- Third Party Partner Links (Booking.com, Hostelworld.com)
- Mailchimp Email Subscription Services
- Facebook Tracking Pixel
- Amazon Associates Program
- Advertising Services (Zergnet.com, Taboola, Outbrain)
- Google Services (Google AdSense, Google Analytics, Google Remarketing)
Third party disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to outside parties unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not however include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business or servicing you, as long as these parties agree to keep your information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies or protect our or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
At our discretion we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Users should be aware that we use third party services to manage our subscription email services and newsletters. We take the privacy of our users seriously and have opted to engage with Mailchimp based on their certifications and privacy protection credentials. If you would like to know how Mailchimp uses and protects your personal information please refer to http://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
Facebook tracking pixel is used by TRAVELRANKED.COM to help track target demographics on Facebook. This allows us to promote relevant content and social information through Facebook. Please refer to our cookies policy for more information regarding your privacy or visit https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies/ for more information.
TRAVELRANKED.COM is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (“Amazon”), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon products. We do offer our users the option to purchase products from Amazon should they wish to do so.
TRAVELRANKED.COM is a participant in the Booking.com Affiliate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn referral fees by advertising and linking to booking.com products. We do offer our users the option to book holidays should they wish to do so.
Additional service partners: Cloudflare, LiquidWeb, WordPress.
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. In addition we use Cloudflare services to increase data protection to our users.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- users can visit our site anonymously
- users are able to change their personal information by emailing us
Children Online Privacy Protection Act
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 16 years, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the United States consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do in order to protect children’s privacy and safety online. More importantly, some games and advertisements represented on our website may not be suitable for children under the age of 16 years. Parental guidance is advised for all children under the age of 16 years.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information. In order to comply with the Fair Information Practices Principles, should a data breach occur, we will take responsive action by notifying our users via email within 7 business days. We also agree to the individual redress principle which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires, not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them and spells out tough penalties for violations. Our vendor will collect your email address in order to market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our users with relevant website content.
In accordance with the CAN-SPAM Act we agree to the following:
- to NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses
- to identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- to include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- to monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- to honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- to allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email − if at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence
Last modification was made 28-05-2018 .